Qualified Trainers Pty Ltd, ABN 36642983257 (“Qualified Trainers”) is committed to:
- protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with any aspect of its business, and
- handling personal information in accordance with relevant legislation and guidance including where applicable the Australian Privacy Principles and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
In providing products and services, Qualified Trainers will be transparent about how and why information is collected and used. Where appropriate individuals will be provided with the opportunity to specify the ways information is collected or used.
Personal information: information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information or opinion. The information or opinion does not have to be true or recorded in a material form.
- Qualified Trainers will collect personal information such as name, address, contact details, date of birth, experience, work history and bank details. Additional information may be collected during the course of dealings with Qualified Trainers.
- Qualified Trainers may collect other personal information which may identify racial or ethnic origins (including proficiency in languages other than English), information about health or disability (where this is relevant to accommodating specific needs).
- Qualified Trainers may collect government related identifiers, such as [a tax file number, Australian Business Numbers passport number and visa details].
- Communications with the Qualified Trainers may be monitored (including emails, telephone) for security and dispute resolution purposes, where it is lawful to do so.
- Visitors to Qualified Trainers websites
- Qualified Trainers may combine its cookies and information (collected through the cookies and measurement tools) on Qualified Trainers’ websites with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and measurement tools) to provide better or more relevant services and information.
- The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. While Qualified Trainers takes reasonable steps to ensure all information it receives is maintained securely, Qualified Trainers cannot ensure that communications conducted via the Internet will be secure.
- Purpose of collecting and holding personal information
- Qualified Trainers collects and holds personal information for the purpose of offering and providing products and services to those in the health and fitness industries including to facilitate the booking and management of health and fitness instructors to venues and fitness organisations and requests information to manage and administer those products and services.
- All appropriate personal information will be held by Qualified Trainers to satisfy record-keeping obligations.
Generally, it is not practicable or lawful for Qualified Trainers to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis as its services generally require the facilitation of the exchange of personal information between users.
- Security of Information
- Qualified Trainers collects and holds personal information in paper-based and electronic records and systems. Personal information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for storage (with the paper-based document either being archived or securely destroyed).
- Qualified Trainers uses physical security, password protection and other measures to ensure that all personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Qualified Trainers uses and discloses personal information for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this Policy. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, unless consent has been given or Qualified Trainers is authorised or required to do so by law.
- Personal information will generally only be used or disclosed as follows:
- to provide the products, services or information requested from Qualified Trainers including without limitation the disclosure of instructors’ personal information to venues and other potential users of an instructor’s services;
- to register and administer events, promotions or competitions;
- to verify personal information details upon request from third parties;
- to assist Qualified Trainers to make its sites, service and products more accessible and valuable to users;
- to perform various administrative or management functions including administering billing and debt recovery; training of staff and contractors, maintenance and testing of information technology systems; obtaining advice from consultants and professional advisers; management of legal liabilities and claims (including liaising with legal representatives and insurers); and for projects associated with organisational development or otherwise including surveys commissioned by a third party;
- to the extent that Qualified Trainers is required to report data breaches to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. These breaches occur:
- when there is unauthorised access, disclosure or loss of personal information;
- when the breach is likely to result in serious harm (to one or more affected individuals); and
- when preventing the risk of serious harm through remedial action is unsuccessful.
Qualified Trainers uses and discloses the personal information it collects for marketing purposes. Marketing may include providing individuals with information regarding products, services, events and new developments, as well as collecting marketing feedback (e.g., marketing surveys). To meet the mandatory consent requirement under the Spam Act 2003, Qualified Trainers provides a facility for individuals to reflect consent to receive Qualified Trainers marketing communications. Also, individuals may request not to receive direct marketing communications or opt-out through either of the following means:
- by contacting Qualified Trainers (see section 12), or
- [by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email communications received from Qualified Trainers]
- Access and Correction of Personal Information
- To request access to other personal information, please contact Qualified Trainers’ designated Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org In limited circumstances, access to personal information may be declined in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Qualified Trainers endeavours to keep all personal information accurate, up-to-date and complete; however, if information held by Qualified Trainers is considered to be inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, a request can be made for a correction of the information. Individuals may also request that their personal information be deleted in certain circumstances. Where applicable and to the extent compatible with the Qualified Trainers’ obligations at law, Qualified Trainers will act according to such individual’s instructions about the timing of deletion or destruction of such personal information. After receiving such a request, the University will take reasonable steps to correct and/or delete the information.
- Qualified Trainers may, however, refuse a request to access, correct or delete personal information in certain circumstances as provided by legislative and regulatory requirements. In such instances, Qualified Trainers will provide a reason for the decision.
- All privacy enquiries should be directed in writing to the Privacy Officer.
- An individual has the right to withdraw their consent for the Qualified Trainers’ use and disclosure of their personal information at any time by formally requesting this in writing to the Privacy Officer. Such withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent given before the withdrawal.
- The contact details for Qualified Trainers Privacy Officers are: email@example.com
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2018C00034
Spam Act 2003 (Cth). https://www.legislation.gov.au/Series/C2004A01214